Information in this newsflash applies to Interim Servicing Loans.
Begin using a new email address for Interim Servicing Loans when requesting an account review for customers impacted by COVID-19 who are requesting assistance.
E-mail requests to DefaultServicing@fairwaymc.com (search for Default Servicing in Outlook).
- Continue copying Jan Burger, DW Schabbing and Tia Farmer on these emails
- Do not send these requests directly to Dewanna Richard and Sandi Whitcomb
- This email is for internal use only – do not provide to customers or third parties
This is the only change to this procedure at this time.
Click Here to view this updated procedure in KnowledgeOwl or scroll down to view this information. Please see your manager or lead if you have questions.
INTERIM SERVICING - Customers Impacted by COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
This procedure and content on this page will be updated as additional options become available and as processes and guidelines change.
Loans Interim Serviced at Fairway and Have Not Transferred to a New Servicer
If customers contact the Interim Call Center or Servicing 911 advising they have been impacted by the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic and are experiencing a financial hardship, follow the steps below.
Express Empathy when speaking with these customers. Examples include:
- I regret to hear you are experiencing this hardship - let me help you now.
- Fairway is here to listen and to help, thank you for calling us.
- I can sense this is frustrating for you, I will see what I can do to help right now.
- I see how this can be difficult for you right now, and I will work with you today to see how we can help.
Note: These are example phrases and are not required to be used verbatim. Feel free to use similar language and phrases - that you would naturally say - to connect with customers and reassure them we are here to help and that we care.
Advise customers you will submit their account for a review of options available at this time.
Their account will be reviewed, and they will receive a call back within one business day.
Obtain the information requested below, and submit an email requesting the loan review and a call back to the customer.
*UPDATED Email Address* - as of 04/10/2020
Send an email to the following mailbox: DefaultServicing@fairwaymc.com or Search Default Servicing in the Outlook Directory
CC copy on the email: Jan Burger, DW Schabbing and Tia Farmer
- Subject Line: COVID Review - Loan Number <00000000000>
- Body of Email:
- Details of the hardship as described by the customer
- Two valid contact phone numbers
Document a Memo in FICS with details of the conversation with the customer, and reference the email request has been submitted.
If Fairway Loan Officers contact Interim Servicing or Servicing 911 on behalf of a customer impacted by the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic and requesting assistance:
- Obtain customer's name, loan number and contact information
- Follow procedure documented above to send an Email
- Include the Loan Officer's Name and attach their email to the email you are preparing
- Ensure the Loan Officer receives a follow up email with the status of the return call
- Advise Loan Officer to encourage customers to contact Fairway Servicing directly
This procedure and page will be updated as additional options become available and as processes and guidelines change.