- Review all available systems of record to access a Fairway originated loan
- If unable to locate a loan record, request immediate assistance from your Supervisor or Manager
- Do not advise loan officers or customers that you cannot locate their loan record
On a Fairway originated loan, in all instances, you should find the available loan data in one or more of the systems of record listed below:
- Encompass (LOS production and archive)
- FICS (interim servicing system)
- MSP (retained loan subservicer system)
- FairwayNext.com (Fairway customer transfer assistance website)
Search details and helpful hints are shown below to assist you in the successful location of loan records.
- This loan origination system houses loan information for all Fairway originated loans including Bond and Housing Agency loans that do not board to FICS
- Production and Archive environments exist for Encompass data – make sure to check the Archive environment if data is not located in the Production environment
- Remember to always change the Loan Folder drop down menu selection from “My Pipeline” to “All Folders”
- If the loan number search does not produce results, use one of the other available search options – an incorrect loan number may have been provided
- These search options are located on the toolbar near the top of the Encompass window layout – contact your supervisor or manager if these search options do not appear
- FICS stores data for interim servicing and transferred servicing loans
- If the loan number search does not produce results, access the Search Criteria fields to attempt to locate the loan record
- Input search criteria details, check the box to Included Paid In Full (PIF) Loans and click the Search Now button
- MSP stores data for Fairway retained loans serviced by our subservicer ServiceMac
- If the loan number search does not produce results, access the Loan Search criteria on the LSCH screen to attempt to locate the loan record
- Input search criteria details and press <Enter>
- The FairwayNEXT.com website contains loan data for interim servicing and transferred servicing customers
- Customers, loan officers and Customer Experience Specialists may use the Loan Lookup feature to access payment due and loan servicer information
There are certain scenarios in FairwayNEXT which will result in FairwayNEXT directing the customer or loan officer to contact a Customer Experience Specialist (Interim Servicing Call Center).
Below are the scenarios where this will occur:
- Loans originated under certain housing/bond or correspondent programs
- Customer or LO inputs erroneous information in the FairwayNEXT Loan Look-up tool
- Various isolated programming issues that create illogical conditions which FairwayNEXT cannot support/interpret
CLICK HERE to review the loan conditions and loan types that are not viewable on FairwayNEXT.
If the loan search processes described above do not produce results, contact your supervisor or manager for assistance. Do not advise customers or loan officer the loan information cannot be located. Please see your supervisor or manager if you have any questions.