A Newsflash Reminder regarding foreign mailing address changes for retained loans has been published.
View the content of this information in KnowledgeOwl for Retained Loans by navigating to: Home >> News Flash! >> March 2020 >> Reminder – How to update Foreign Addresses
View the content shown below.
We have many borrowers with foreign mailing addresses, please ensure you are following the foreign mailing address section in the Updating Mailing Address procedure.
It is important to be aware and change the foreign mailing address indicator when changing an address from domestic to foreign and vice versa.
To update a foreign mailing address
If customers receive their mail overseas at their main property, vacation property, or deployment address they will request to update their mailing address to a foreign, overseas, outside of US address.
- Enter a “Y” in the foreign mailing address field
- Enter the address using the following formatting:
- Address (1) for the street
- Address (2) for the city/province
- Street for the zip, when applicable
- City for the country
- Include a CC (Country Code) and PC (Province Code), when applicable. Here is a list of CCs: https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/foreign-country-code-listing-for-modernized-e-file
Please speak with your supervisor or manager if you have any questions.