Cell Phone Number Disclaimer and Obtain Customer Consent
When updating a customer’s phone number and the number is for their cell phone:
- The disclaimer shown below must be read verbatim to the customer
- Customer must provide verbal acknowledgement and consent to be contacted on their cell number
Ask the customer if the number they are updating is a Cell Phone Number.
If Yes, speak the verbatim disclaimer to the customer:
By providing your cell phone number, we may contact you in the future through an automated dialer, with pre-recorded messages and send text messages. May we have your consent?
If customer says Yes:
- Access the Borrower/Address Information Screen
- Input the Phone Number in the Cell Phone Type Field
- Check the box on the TCPA Consent field
If customer says No:
- Advise the customer we cannot add or update a cell phone number without their consent to the information advised in the disclaimer
Document the action taken on the Memos screen.