When retained servicing places outbound calls to customers, follow the required verification steps listed below:
Greet the customer, introduce yourself and identify that you are calling from Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation.
- Immediately read these disclaimers before proceeding with the call:
- “Your call may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes.”
- "This is not a sales call."
Let the customer know the reason for your call without releasing any customer identifying or loan specific details prior to verifying the account.
Have the customer verify the following information when placing an outbound call prior to releasing information (customer must provide this to you):
- Last 4 digits of their Social Security Number
- Property address
During the course of the call, confirm the following details:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
Customers may not be comfortable or may not agree to verify and authenticate this information based on receiving an outbound call. Follow the steps listed below if customers do not agree to verify and authenticate the call:
- Acknowledge you understand their concern verifying this information
- Ask the customer to please call Fairway in order to assist them and provide our toll-free number and hours of operation
- (877) 297-5350
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time Monday – Friday
- Thank the customer for their time
- Add a documented comment in MSP regarding what occurred and what was discussed / or if the customer declined to verify and authenticate based on the outbound call